Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Baby steps.

Well, its more like giant baby steps. I'm moving today, officially. Meaning I'll be starting school, paying for cable, and coming home to my own apartment every night. Its a bit surreal really. I'm excited and scared at the same time and really wishing I wasn't doing this on my own. Then again, I guess I'm not truly on my own. I'm joining 139 other people coming from near and far to begin the crazy life that is medical school. Hmm, that still doesn't put me more at ease. Well, since this is a blog about long distance relationships, I should mention how I've been worrying lately about how the busy school schedule will affect my time to talk and be in touch with my boy. Its hard enough dealing with an 9 and 1/2 hour time difference. I'll be busy in class when he's ready to go to bed and he'll be rushing out to work when I'm finally getting back home. :-( We'll see what happens over the next few weeks but in the meantime, will you guys please download skype and get your video chats working [thats you Kat]! I feel like I'm currently in long distance relationships with more than just my boyfriend.

As I sort out my next few problems, I encourage all of you to download Ride by Cary Brothers. It was featured in the movie, Last Kiss, by Zach Braff (which I haven't actually seen) but I imagine it'll be as good as Garden State :-) Netflix, here I come! Also, I wish the best of luck to all my fellow friends who are taking big steps (more like leaps) of their own right now. 

2 comments:

jan said...

did you get your skype working? I DEMAND WE DO AT LEAST BIWEEKLY SKYPE CHATS! :)

and i blogged! exciting :)

Katrina said...

why am i so skype illiterate?!