Friday, August 1, 2008

pseudo long distance

So I'm sort of new to this whole "long distance" thing. As a matter of fact, I don't know if I even fit in here, considering my love is technically not even across time zones (although if it were I am sure it wouldn't be any less immense). And I can't really relate to the international phone call/calling card dilemma either, considering we have pretty good domestic cell phone plans. And I might not even have any right to complain about missing my boy, since he's paying me an extended visit right now and will probably do so regularly. What I can say, however, is that I know the distance won't be easy (and some days will be worse than others), but I am optimistic because I know, in the grand scheme of things (aka the rest of lives together), a few months apart is not that long, and 225 miles apart is not that far. In the mean time, here's how things are going so far:

Time living in DC -- 19 days
Time spent with the boy since the move -- 6 days
Time spent traveling between DC and NY -- 26 hours
Time spent in med school classs -- 18 hours
Time spent studying after class -- 15 hours
Time spent texting/on the phone/gchatting -- many hours
Time spent skyping -- None (see R's last post)
Time spent missing him -- any time I'm not with him

So, in short, I do miss my boy often, but missing just makes the time we do have together all the more valuable (even if it means spending 13 hours traveling to hang out for a day). That's all for now. I'll give some DC-NY relationship pointers another day :)

1 comment:

jan said...

say hi to al for me :)

hehe, this blog should also include updates on our lives! then i can keep up while being misty over being sad about the long distance! <3 miss you!