Monday, August 18, 2008

Strolling down memory lane.

What can I say? I wish my long distance situation was over! I miss him (x 10). And I get worried that I don't remember what its like to go out with him, to watch tv and cook together, to drive around, to joke, to just hang out. I want to see all of his faces. I want to be able to hold hands, have someone to spend my weekends with. I want my boyfriend back. And I hate that I can't talk much about my situation without getting that squinty, "awww, that sucks" look. I don't want to feel bad about my situation. I realize that its not for everyone and that most don't understand it. But that doesn't mean its not possible. I believe that so why don't others? 

I agree with Al; distance makes you rethink a lot of what you have and don't have. Its not easy to not have him be able to visit me, go on dates, come to my white coat ceremony. And yet, I wouldn't want any other person. There's just something there that we have that I know I won't have with any other person. So I content myself with msging...though its not all bad.

HIM: ur so good to me :-)
ME: hah right, i cant even be there for you, i feel crappy abt this distance
HIM: its ok, i love you

So I guess I weather the tough times and be thankful for the little things, like those 3 little words that fill space and time and distance. I may not remember all the little things, but I'll definitely look forward to the memories to come. 

Btw: Days until 1st Anatomy exam and/or sudden meltdown - 28

2 comments:

jan said...

2 weeks until my first anatomy exam! :P

and aww. i miss you. i'm having my white coat ceremony tomorrow afternoon and yes, i wish family and doug were there. but think about it this way, he'll be there when you're graduating. and that thought is wonderful and makes my heart swell with anticipation, and just a little scary because then it officially means i am a grownup! :)

Katrina said...

i was fortunate enough to have my family AND my future in-laws at my white coat ceremony, but speaking of scary/growing up... the fact that i even have soon-to-be in-laws is a little scary to me! (mostly exciting though)