Monday, August 25, 2008

Love Remains the Same...

"I never thought that I
Had anymore to give
You're pushing me so far
Here I am without you
Drink to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Everything will change...

I wish this could last forever...
Love Remains the Same"

-Gavin Rossdale, Love Remains the Same

After numerous conversations and weeks of debating the pro's and con's of doing the long distance thing, we finally decided that it was worth giving it a try and sticking it out. We've discussed it numerous times and it seemed inevitable that we were going to break up the day of my flight (Friday, Aug. 29, 10:10am) because the idea of not knowing when or if I'd even be back in the US of A was just making the already-uncertain future even more murky. Being both "dark and twisty" people we wanted to play it safe and break it off before anyone gets hurt.

So imagine Karl's surprise when a little drunken Tiffany stumbled over to him after 3 beers, 1 shot of Soco Lime, 1 shot of Jaeger, 1 shot of Kamikaze and 1 shot of I-have-no-effing-clue-but-I-probably-shouldn't-have-done-that and said "People at this party are asking about us and what we're going to do and I said that we're doing long distance so if we're not you're going to have to tell them all and make me look bad."

Luckily for me, he had actually wanted to do long distance as well. Whew!

Drunken Tiffy saves the relationship! jk! Imagine that as a superhero. Corporate peon by day, Drunken Relationship Saver by night!

Anyway the inspiration for this entry was to share a song that I've been in love with for a little while. Gavin Rossdale from the alternative rock group Bush was my biggest crush when I was in 5th grade riding in a carpool with my brother and his friends. I was the uncool, annoying baby sister who grew up listening to music from them and other alternative/rock bands like Nirvana (hello, Al!), Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, and Soundgarden to name a couple.

So when Gavin Rossdale came out with this new song I just had to share it with you. It's also featured in the trailer of this new movie (sappy chick flick?) coming up starring Richard Gere and the I-want-to-age-as-gracefully-as-you Diane Lane called Nights in Rodanthe.

So, here it is, Love Remains the Same. YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8Qvm24dbU

Karl and I both think it's a song about a second chance at love. And hope.

Hope you enjoy! Miss you all!

Love,
Tiffy

2 comments:

jan said...

oh yay yay yay yay yayaaaay <3

and as sappy as it is, here it is.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

-Alfred Lord Tennyson

funny looking guy, but he's got a good point. i miss you! PHONE DATE like all this week.

Katrina said...

first of all, you drank all of that tiffy?! you've come a long way from those 1 margarita days at the heights.

second of all, i love your rendition of how the long-distance thing came about...

and lastly, great song recommendation :)