Tuesday, September 2, 2008

lovable mess.

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes-

Sunday, August 31, 2008. Typical goodbye scene between me and the boy. We're waiting in the car for the train to pull up to the station to take me far away from him. I'm a hot, crying mess, saying that I don't want to leave. And then we have a convo like this:

me: i'm a mess...
him: yea, but you're my mess (smiles)
me: (jokingly) you sure you wanna marry this crazy mess?!
him: i'm positive

And I thought it was a cute moment, and an okay good-bye, as far as good-byes go...

That was until I heard pretty much the exact same lines in the season premier of One Tree Hill the next night (click here)... from the mess comments to the wedding jokes, only difference was that it was at an airport, not a train station. Alas, OTH totally stole my thunder. But we're still cute. And saying good-bye still sucks.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

given the fact that i'm actually in the motherland, this line is going to sound like one of those never-been-to-the-united-states type comments.

but aww! that moment is just like in the movies! :)

but every time you say goodbye, it brings you closer to the next time you'll see each other again (that's what i tell myself in my head all the time!)

you guys are super cute. <3