Wednesday, September 17, 2008

only time will tell.

It's been a month and a week since I last saw him. And when I got his message that he was waiting for me, I left class, thinking I would be back in time for the physiology exam review that upcoming week. Instead, I couldn't leave, and I didn't.

It feels like months have passed since I last saw him. Though it's only been a month, all the little things slipped my mind, the way he kisses me, the way he looks at me when I'm falling asleep, the way his arm drapes around my waist when we're asleep. Maybe it was the way I was coping, with not being able to have him in my life everyday. But it all came back so fast and in such vivid clarity, and I'm so thankful he was here with me.

I don't know how I'm going to keep doing this. This back and forth living with and without him. I'm not patient enough. Everything happens in its own time, but when?

A little surprise, like your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see

Edit: He left today. He told me to think of it as he's going off to work...and he'll be home soon. Although it'll be me coming home to him in a month and a half. Now to survive the remaining exams and finals and practicals, so I can go home to him. I just want to feel his breathing against the back of my neck as he sleeps with his arms around me.

3 comments:

Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff said...

i can relate all too painfully with the feeling of details slipping my mind, but there are days where i feel like that's easier than having the wave of memories and emotions drown me all in one shot triggered by something so seemingly random.

i know you must feel so empty right now but take comfort in the fact that each day you spend away from him makes you one day closer to the next time you see him again. at least, that's what i have going through my head.

*hugs*

Katrina said...

having spent last weekend with my honey too, i can relate quite well. with classes and the distance things get so busy during the week! it just makes every kiss, every touch, every second together that much more valuable.

i guess all we can do is to hold on to those moments until the next one comes along...