Wednesday, October 29, 2008

feeling good.

Things have been stressful lately with exams. Do they purposely have to make med school a marathon?! Its been awhile since my last post so its time for an update. These days, life has proved to be full of little things that make me appreciate my life right now. I am lucky to be where I am right now for many reasons. First off, I am surprising myself with the amount of discipline I gained (during my year off?). I mean, I was master procrastinator in college so how the heck am I putting in 8 hours a day of studying?! Maybe its coffee. I never knew. Second, I have been reforming my relationship with my sister. I'm learning to appreciate all the things she had to go through over the last few years and its going a long way to bridging some of the distance between us over the last year. Third, my mom has lightened up and stops by to cook for me and bring me cookies and ice cream!! (this coming from the mom who removed all sugar filled products from our house when I was 12). Good stuff. Fourth, I have made some great friends who come to surprise visit me and help me remember how to have fun...and I am getting better at keeping in touch with old friends (thanks to skype and blogs, lol). And lastly, my boyfriend has been super supportive and still makes me laugh in my most stressed moments. 

With my birthday coming up, I have to shake myself into remembering that I am still so young with not much life experience (despite my old person aches and pains). But, I feel like things have changed so much. This blog is not about referring to past, bad experiences, but I know that I wouldn't be thankful for where I am if I didn't remember where I was before.  Sigh, I didn't know relationships were supposed to be like this! I feel bad about losing so much of my college experience trying to make myself something else for a relationship and alienating my friends. I'm lucky I have friends that saw past that and time to grow from my experience. 

Lastly, I am super super excited to vote! Thankfully, I finish exams the day before so I can watch the results. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes!

PS: I have been cooking again, more out of necessity, but I was excited because my last few recipes have come out really well. I made a fritata, a la your dish from sophomore year Jan! Now if only I had some time to bake...

4 comments:

Katrina said...

i can to so much of this. you make my heart smile!

Katrina said...

*i can relate...

(oops)

Tiff said...

good luck with your marathon of exams! i can not wait until i catch up with you on group chat! <3

apart from the long distance love and support from india know that you're getting happy happy love vibes from your pacific islander suite-y in manila!

and thirdly, go obama! (my mom's a palinbot. icky poo!)

jan said...

hehehe, kat's brains too full to properly process what she wants to say in her comment! same here! all my fb semi-procrastinate...omg, i almost wrote postcrastinate and thought that sounded right. oh my. what was i saying, semi-procrastinating scribbles only make sense to me i think.

we're almost done!...with just the first part ... out of like. 15. or something along those lines. group chat!!! yayayayy!